We are hiring drivers
Dump Truck Driver for Wacker Sanitary
As an established family owned and run company we value and prize skills, safety and loyalty.
So if you looking for opportunities, good wages and good close nit working environment, Wacker Sanitary is the company for you! Apply for the truck driver position with the Wacker Sanitary, a family owned company. We will train and assist you in your career as a driver.
Fill out the form on this page, tell us about you and why you’d be a great fit for our company. If you have a linkedin account also provide that URL. We look forward to hearing from you.
Job Description Summary
- The selected candidate will be required to work in a team environment with other co-workers and managers.
- Properly follow all company policies and procedures for safe working procedures and environment.
- Report any problems to your manager.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines and company policies.
- Obey applicable laws and follow dispatch instructions.
- Maintain daily vehicle mileage logs.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle.
- Load and unload equipment or materials. Depending on materials hauled, may require unloading of contents by hand or shovel.
- Assure product quality to the best of the driver’s ability.
- Perform minor servicing and maintenance of equipment; refer major problems to the Foreman.
- Must keep truck in a clean and orderly condition.
- Operator will be responsible for a safe work environment for themselves and co-workers.
- When working with co-workers, constant eye contact will be maintained when backing, communicating using hand signals or other movements.
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA / MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment.
- Follow directions of manager as to daily tasks and expectations for each specific project or jobsite.
- Assist in training less–experienced employees on the proper operations, servicing and repair of equipment to further their abilities.
- Perform general labor duties when necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will:
- Pass DOT pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
- Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
- Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
- Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to work at the designated start time.
- Be able to work overtime when required.
- Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Have the willingness to work in a team environment and assist co–workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
- Maintain current driver’s license that meets state requirements, i.e., CDL, Class A driver with hazmat, airbrakes and tanker endorsements.
- Have a MVR that meets company standards.
- Be at least age 21 years of age due to nature of working environment.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
What we offer to you:
- Highly competitive rate of pay.
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
- Assistance in passing the driver exam.